If you are not redirected in five seconds, click here.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheers!: Seven Traditional Irish Toasts for this St. Patrick's Day...



Irish folklore is replete with inspirational quotes, stories, and songs about happiness, love, and luck and has, throughout history, helped the Irish cope with difficulties.

Since Irishmen have always loved celebrating, it is not surprising that some of these colorful sayings were transformed into Irish toasts to show support, understanding, and friendship among the hard-working Irish.

What better time than St. Patrick's Day to perfect your drinking toast and delight your friends?  Here are a few that are sure to get a good chuckle tonight:

1.) I drink to your health when I’m with you, I drink to your health when I’m alone, I drink to your health so often, I’m starting to worry about my own!

2.) May your glass be ever full.  May the roof over your head be always strong.  And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

3.) I once knew a girl who lived on a hill, what she won't do her sister will.  So here's to her sister!

4.) Here's to our wives and girlfriends. May they never meet!

5.) Here's to a long life and a merry one.  A quick death and an easy one.  A pretty girl and an honest one.  A cold beer—and another one!

6.) A toast to your coffin.  May it be made of 100 year-old oak,  and may we plant the tree together, tomorrow.

7.) If you cheat, may you cheat death.  If you steal, may you steal a woman's heart.  If you fight, may you fight for a brother.  And if you drink, may you drink with me!

Cheers...and be careful out there!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment